Civil Funeral Ceremonies:
Traditionally funerals have been religious based, with changing times people’s needs have changed and many have opted for a non-religious or civil ceremony. A civil ceremony provides a service to families who wish to have a funeral ceremony built around the wishes of the deceased and their family rather than a religion based ‘traditional’ funeral.
- Simple, unique, personal ceremony.
- Alternative to ‘traditional’ funeral.
- Celebrating life.
- Reflecting the wishes and beliefs of the deceased and their loved ones.
- Provides an opportunity to pay a fitting tribute.
- Any suitable venue can be used, including our Funeral Home.
Lonergan Funeral Directors will dedicate our time to the family to create a service consisting of music, poetry and readings all of which have meaning for the deceased and the family and friends gathered for the funeral. Extracts from Facebook pages or similar social media sites can be taken and incorporated into the ceremony. Alternatively a Civil Celebrant can be organised who will liaise with the family. When all this is in place we will conduct the ceremony in our Funeral Home or other suitable venue chosen by the family.